Donald and Daisy - Ceaco 300 pc.

 


Brand:  Ceaco

Title:  Untitled. so I'm calling it Donald and Daisy

Series:  This was part of a 5-puzzle set by Ceaco, purchased at Goodwill.  The puzzles were all sealed in the original bags so this set has not been assembled before.

Artist:  Unknown; I can't read the signature.

Number of Pieces:  300

Size:  11" x 15"

Poster included:  Yes

Quality:  Poor, this was the lowest quality puzzle I have assembled so far.  But it was all there and the fit was acceptable.

  - Missing pieces: None

  - False Fits:  None

  - Sections stay together when moving:  Generally not

  - Bent or delaminated pieces:  There were a large number of pieces with the a hanging chad of cardboard blocking one of the holes, probably 5-10% or more of the pieces were like this

  - Uncut pieces:  Several

  - Finished puzzle can be picked up by edges:  No, the fit is not tight enough

  - Image quality:  Very good to excellent

  - Puzzle dust:  Didn't notice any

What I liked:  This was a fun image, and was quite a bit more difficult than I expected.  There are not that many different colors, and they appear in sections which are far apart.  The ribbon cut was also interesting, with more variety of shapes.  The pieces did not always meet at a corner so it was more difficult to tell if pieces went together or not.

What I didn't like:  The pieces are thin and difficult to pick up, and the puzzle is fairly small.  I spent a lot of time trying to remove hanging chads of cardboard from pieces.  I have done several Ceaco puzzles which were of acceptable quality; this was not one of them.  We will see how the other 4 puzzles in this set compare.  I think these pieces were thinner than the other Ceaco puzzles I have done, as I don't remember those pieces being difficult to pick up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serene Retreat by Bits and Pieces 1000 pieces