Butterfly Sectrum - Buffalo Games and Puzzles 500 pc.

 


Brand:  Buffalo Games and Puzzles

Title:  Butterfly Spectrum

Series:  Amazing Nature

Artist:  Don't know

Number of Pieces:  500 

Size:  21.25" x 15"

Poster included:  Yes

Quality:  Fair

  - Missing pieces:  Two missing pieces in this one; this is a first for a Buffalo Games puzzle for me.  I know I did not lose them, the pieces went straight from the box into sorting trays into the puzzle.

  - False Fits:  Yes, there were a number of false fits that made finishing more aggravating than it needed to be, especially near the bottom where all the pieces essentially look the same as they are very dark.

  - Sections stay together when moving:  Mostly no.  I did not move sections much (if at all) because we had to put this together row by row for the most part.

  - Bent or delaminated pieces:  None

  - Uncut pieces:  None

  - Finished puzzle can be picked up by edges:  Surprisingly for a Buffalo puzzle, I could not pick this up by the edges without pieces coming apart. 

  - Image quality:  Good at the top, very dark at the bottom.

  - Puzzle dust:  More than usual, but not bad.

What I liked:  Finishing.  I did not enjoy this one.  We pretty much had to resort to trial and error for the most part, going piece by piece using the shape as a guide nearly always.  There are few pieces that you can find in the poster and figure out where they go.

What I didn't like:  Finding an obvious missing piece when I wasn't even half way finished.  Then finding a second one just made it more irritating.  This is one I don't think I will do again.  The quality of this puzzle was well below that of the other Buffalo Games puzzles that I have done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serene Retreat by Bits and Pieces 1000 pieces