Cinque Terre, Riomaggiore Village, Italy - Cra-Z-Art 1500 Pieces (# 51)

 


This was another Goodwill find a few weeks ago.  I really like this colorful image.  It was the first 1500 piece puzzle we have put together, and we enjoyed building it.

There were a number of times I was convinced that a piece was missing, but it always turned up.  Early on I ran out of dark blue sky pieces and I still had two to put in right next to each other in the upper right.  I went through every piece again looking for them and was finally convinced they were  missing.  Then I discovered that I had put them in the wrong place a row below and to the left of where they belonged.  Those were the first of a number of false fits that slowed us up.  We had another at the very end when we had about 8 pieces left; one of the holes required a piece with two outs next to each other and we didn't have one.  So we looked more carefully and found our mistake.

The quality of this puzzle was excellent.  The pieces were thick and they hold together well.  I was able to pick up the whole puzzle at the end (I wanted to look at the color coding on the back to see what the pattern was).  I did use the color coding a few times to help sort pieces, mostly some of the village pieces in the upper left and the sky pieces on the right, but those sections are pretty obvious so I didn't think I was cheating too bad.  I didn't sort using the colors for any of the rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serene Retreat by Bits and Pieces 1000 pieces